Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Critiques of "The Grave"

I submitted "The Grave" to the DC Shorts Film Festival (for the sole reason they give every entry feedback from judges about their movie). It did not get accepted, but they left me some good and some bad reviews. Here is what they said...

GOOD STUFF:
"The acting was great."
"Nice camerawork."
"Interesting ideas... good raw concepts."

BAD STUFF:
"Plot was extremely underdeveloped, lacking in any explanation or conclusion."
"The sound editing was not particularly good."
"Had so much potential. Very disappointed."

And someone actually wrote, "this movie cannot be Saved by the Bell"... Haha I think that one should go on the DVD cover.

Basically, they all seemed to think the plot was confusing or unexplained at the end. This is true and false. I could say they "didn't get the movie" or I can say I was lazy and left too much up to the audience to interpret. Instead, I will say that I would be honored to have this movie compared to Saved By The Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment